New tool to help homeowners choose the right hot water cylinder
Wednesday 27th March 2019
The Hotwater Association (HWA) have launched a new consumer tool- the hot water cylinder sizing calculator, to help both consumers and installers select the right size cylinder for the home.
Geoff Egginton, Chair, HWA said;
“The cylinder sizing calculator has been created to give consumers and installers logical and sensible advice on the size of hot water cylinder they will need based upon their household usage”
Isaac Occhipinti, Head of External Affairs, HWA said;
“HWA member companies receive inquiries from both consumers and installers, on a regular basis, asking for help and advice on sizing the hot water cylinder. The HWA wanted to make this process as easy as possible for everyone, and so we have developed this online tool.
Getting the calculation wrong can have repercussions for everyone involved; the installer- they get called back to jobs, the consumer- they run out of hot water or pay over the odds heating water they don’t use, and the manufacturer- they get called out to unhappy customers.
The good news is that answering a few questions on our new online cylinder sizing calculator, will help consumers identify the correct size for the job.”
If the property requires a unique kind of cylinder, HWA members will be pleased to offer advice on bespoke solutions.
You can keep up to date, or find member details on the HWA website www.hotwater.org.uk
- Connected Cylinders Webinar from HWA & CIPHE
- Hot Water Cylinders. A hidden lifeline for energy storage
- 18 million homes could be unable to decarbonise heating
- Government warned they need to step up efforts to decarbonise heating
- Heat and Buildings strategy ignores potential of Hot Water Storage
- New tool to help homeowners choose the right hot water system
- Baffling and a missed opportunity- HWA respond to chancellors Green Homes Grant scheme
Driving to improve standards within the domestic hot water industry